Floating shelves are popular nowadays not just because they create a sleek, modern look but also because they offer versatile options when it comes to storage. You can use them to display pretty much anything. Whether you want to showcase your favorite books, ornaments, or even photos, they're the perfect way to do it. You can also use them to make a statement in your home by choosing bold colors or interesting shapes.
But before finding the perfect floating shelf for your space, you'll need to explore a few factors that will be helpful in your decision-making. In this article, we’ll highlight the purposes of floating shelves and four ways to decorate them to reflect your taste and flair.
The Role of Floating Shelves in Your Home
Not only do floating shelves add an extra element of interest to a room, but they can also be extremely functional. Here are some tips on how to use them in your home:
- Use them as storage: Floating shelves are perfect for storing things like books, magazines, and even plants. If you're looking for a way to declutter your space, consider using floating shelves instead of traditional cabinets or bookshelves.
- Create a focal point: Floating shelves can create a focal point in a room. For example, if you have a fireplace, you could style the shelving around it to make it the center of attention.
- Show off your style: Floating shelves provide the perfect opportunity to show off your style. Whether you opt for minimalist white shelves or something more colorful and eclectic, make sure your shelves reflect your taste.
4 Ideas for Creative Wall Shelves
Here are some fun and stylish ways to transform your floating shelves:
- Use wallpapers or paint to make a statement: You can use wallpapers or paint to make a statement, whether you have a kitchen with floating shelves or living room wall shelves. For a more subtle look, use neutral wallpaper or paint color. If you want a bolder look, use brightly colored wallpaper or paint color.
- Decorate with plants: Plants are a great way to add life to your space. Choose small plants that can fit on your home office floating shelves or a floating shelf between cabinets, and water them regularly.
- Add some art: Adding art to floating shelves like your bedroom hanging shelves is a great way to personalize your space. Choose artwork that reflects your style and taste.
- Use shelf liners: Shelf liners are great for protecting your shelves and adding a pop of color. Choose shelf liners in colors that complement your decorating scheme. Also, remember to accessorize your living room wall shelves and other floating shelves! Add vases, picture frames, and other knick-knacks to give your shelves personality.
Are you searching for unique floating shelves that are easy to install? At Peter’s Goods, we have just what you need. Check out our floating wall shelves and our 2-tier floating wall shelves that are designed with premium-grade Paulownia, Pine, and Cedar, ensuring lightweight and exceptional strength that’s warp, water, crack, and split resistant.
Get yours today!